Pokemon Black Wilmington DE
Glen Mills, PA
Kennett Square, PA
Only a few weeks ago, the next completely new Pokemon title was announced. How much do we know? Well, I know just enough to write a few paragraphs. However, beyond simply giving the facts, I figured I’d pontificate for a while on what I’d personally like to see from a new Pokemon game, and for that matter, new Pokemon titles in the future. Why am I allowed to do this? Because I’m still a Pokemon Master, that’s why. First, the announcement.
A Fairly Standard Announcement
The new versions are Black and White, a stunningly simple choice to make for the series. I mean, it just seems odd to me that we jump from Blue & Red to Gold & Silver to Ruby & Sapphire to Diamond & Pearl to Black & White. I’d almost expect we’d see more elements. Pokemon Uranium & Plutonium versions. Oh well, I have no problem with Black & White. Simple is good.
For the first time, the next generation (this would be the fifth) will be on the same console as the previous. Black & White are coming out for the DS within the next year, though I’m not sure if they’ll be making an appearance on the 3DS or not. That’s still to be seen.
Not too many screens have been shown, but what has been shown tells us two things. The first is that the towns and other such overworld locations are finally in full 3D (not the eye-popping kind, the graphical kind). The second is that the actual battles still aren’t. What a shame. We don’t even know that many new Pokemon other than a pretty dull fox-like Dark-type Pokemon and its evolution.
Here’s What I’d Really Like To See
Now it’s time for me to give my ideas of what really SHOULD be in the new installment. First and above all else, sound quality needs to improve. We’ve had the same chiptune noises for Pokemon since the first iteration all those many years ago and by now we need something new. We deserve Pokemon that sound like they do in the anime, namely, Pokemon that have individual cries unique to them but obvious to anyone, fans and otherwise. Charizard should roar, but Pikachu needs to pop out of its Pokeball yelling “Pika!” or something like that.
Also, the graphics need to get a significant boost in actual battles. I can already see that we’re not going to get this with Black & white versions, but we should. Pokemon should actually interact when they collide as well, so if you use Tackle, you actually see your Squirtle slam into your enemy’s Bulbasaur. Wouldn’t little things like that be nice?
On a grander scale, I want to see the story take a significant leap forward. The same plot every single game has grown tired. I don’t want to “leave home and battle my way to become the greatest Trainer in the land” anymore. I’ve done that. Multiple times. I want something greater to be at stake. I want a new Pokemon to appe...
- Comes with 3 pieces that cover the front and inside of your Nintendo 3DS XL, DOES NOT cover the screen
- Non permanent adhesive backing that allows you to simply peel off the skins with no sticky residue
- Scratch resistant protective shield made out of high-quality vinyl
- Personalize your 3DS XL with this printed design vinyl decal skin sticker
- These are high-quality breathable vinyl stick-ons/decals that will resemble a paint job, like those on race cars and hot rods.
- Will not tear (like paper) or leave any residue (like stickers) if you ever decide to remove it.
- Our skins are all made in the USA. Our materials are made in the USA and Japan.
- They are thick enough to protect your system from most scratches. Our skins do not void warranty because you are not replacing any parts.
- Skin fits DS-Lite only! There are 4 versions of the DS, please make sure before purchasing. See comparison photo.