Educational Toys Charlotte NC
Nearly any toy could be educational if it engages a child’s imagination. At first glance, even a ball of dough could technically be an educational toy. So what makes a toy truly “educational”?
Learning Toys and Child Development
Educational toys should enhance some aspect of the child’s development including these areas: intellectual development, physical development, social development, and emotional development.
Sometimes the parent or caregiver will be required for a certain amount of help in guiding the play and promoting the interaction, especially when first playing with the toy or when two players are required. So when you are searching for an educational toy, the first question to ask is what aspect of development do I want to promote today?
Deciphering Age Levels for Learning Toys
Some 4 year olds can handle puzzles marked “5+” others need to stick with the “3+” for a while longer. Be sure to encourage the child to keep trying and be aware that all children develop at different rates – these classifications are guidelines only. Remember, if it isn’t fun and engaging for the child it won’t teach anything.
There are many types of learning toys and games. From building blocks to LeapFrog games, the types are as varied as the children that play. Here is our expert breakdown:
Types of Educational Toys
Manipulative toys to develop hand-eye coordination and spacial relationships. These alone are said to increase scores on intelligence tests, but children also love them as much as parents. Included in the manipulatives are building blocks, puzzles, construction sets and clay. Many of the “classic toys” fit in this category.
Build 6 different models: Solar Revolving Plane, Solar Windmill, Solar Plane, Solar Airboat, Solar Puppy, Solar Car
Great assembling toy for kids to practice using their brains and learn the benefits of solar energy
Building these projects teach kids the benefits of solar energy while having fun
Also ideal for allowing kids to express their interest in science
Easy to assemble by following step by step instructions
- 7.2 ounces
Manufacturer Recomended Age: 10 years and up
- Build 6 different models: Solar Revolving Plane, Solar Windmill, Solar Plane, Solar Airboat, Solar Puppy, Solar Car
- Great assembling toy for kids to practice using their brains and learn the benefits of solar energy
- Building these projects teach kids the benefits of solar energy while having fun
- Also ideal for allowing kids to express their interest in science
- Easy to assemble by following step by step instructions
- This Magnetic Gyro Wheel combine " eduacation value" and " entertainment value" into a single unit.
- Easy to plasy: place wheel between the metal tracks, move handle up and down and watch your gyro wheel spin like magic!
- Made of plastic red handle which is quite comfortable to your daily playing.
- Wire track size: Approx. 12" x 1 1/2"(L*W).
- Wheel diameter: Approx. 2 1/8".
- <ul> Can you find the matching pairs of your favorite Toy Story characters! Potatoes, pigs, ponies, and more! Tons of fun for your preschoolers!
- </ul>Don't forget where you left your toys! This classic game is fun for all ages.
- Can you remember what's hiding where? It's fun to find matching pictures of your favorite things, two by two.
- Just flip over the cards, two at a time, trying to make a match. If you do, you keep them.
- Remember and find the most pairs and you're the winner! Ages 3-6. 2 or more players.